Pantoro Limited (ASX:PNR) formerly Pacific Niugini is producing gold from the Nicolsons gold mine in Western Australia.
See more information about Pantoro
Pantoro drills out gold beneath open pits
Pantoro (ASX:PNR) has intersected high grade gold in first phase drilling below the current Wagtail open pits within its Halls Creek Project in Western Australia.
The objective of the drill program was to evaluate the continuity of mineralisation beneath the open pits and to assess potential for underground mining after the open pits are completed.
The drill program has targeted and intersected mineralisation at depths of between 110 and 150 metres below surface including 3.6 metres at 7.67 g/t gold from 133 metres down-hole.
Paul Cmrlec, managing director, commented: "Open pit mining at Wagtail has continued to uncover continuous, high grade veins.
"It is very pleasing to see the initial drilling below the current open pit designs delivering high grades similar to those seen at the Nicolsons mine."
Other Pantoro news
- Pantoro receives buy recommendation as gold production ramps up
- Pantoro uncovers more high grade gold as open pit mining continues
- Pantoro Ltd eyes immediate upside to current gold mine plan at Nicolsons
- Pantoro Ltd drill results from Nicolsons gold mine area exceed expectations
- Pantoro Ltd increases ownership to 100% at producing high grade gold mine